Sunday, July 18, 2010

The News

The surgery is officially booked for August 3rd, with check-in at 6:30am on August 2nd and the angiogram and possible embolization at 8am.

This week was insurance company week. On Wednesday I found out that the neurosurgeon was not in my network, and the insurance company may not pay for him. After a lot of back and forth between the insurance company, the hospital, Dr. Murali, and Dr. Murali's office, I received a letter in the mail yesterday stating that the insurance company would cover my appointments with him, as well as his services for the surgery. *****A special thanks to L.S., who greatly improved my chances of this being covered!*****

Today we buy a couch! It's necessary for recovery, you see.

Tomorrow I have a pre-op appointment with a GP (not mine, who was booked past the surgery), and I need a full physical, EKG, chest x-ray, and blood work. All starting at 3:15. I may be at the hospital til Tuesday if they want to squeeze that all in in a row.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the updates! I've been thinking of you and wishing you well. Have some fun with the couch!

Anonymous said...

By the way..I couldn't figure out how to set up a name...so it's me...Nicole...Aidan's mom!

Anonymous said...

Heather, my prayers are with you. It was good to see you yesterday. We missed Dan. Hope he is well. Take care and let us know if there is anything you need. As you know, you have a church community filled with love and prayers for you!

Blessings,
Pastor Krista

HeatherHack said...

Thank you Nicole and Krista! I will be thinking of everyone back at church and school as I focus my efforts on recovery!