Saturday, August 7, 2010

Hi Everyone!

What a crazy ordeal. (I apologize for any typos now; I am having some typing difficulties due to the meds.)

After the throwing up, I wisened up and refused morphine, which made my stomach feel a lot better. They also gave me dilaudid (sp?) which was some good pain medication. I miss it...lol.

While I was in neuro ICU, some guy who shot himself in the face was on the bed across from me. In the middle of the night they called in the priest and gave him his last rights. The next day some kid coded in the hallway, causing a huge problem because people had illegally moved equipment from rooms and not followed procedure. It was very dramatic.

Thanks to everyone who called, texted, messaged, and visited! It was so nice to feel surrounded with love and support.

I am currently watching Cake Boss S 1 Via Netflix (Thanks, McAuliffes!!!) Trying to keep my mind off the pain and pressure.

Talk to you all soon!

Heather

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your on a mend and starting to feel better. I wish you a very speedy recovery. If you need anything please let me now...
Lindsey Calligaro

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are out of the hospital! Aidan, Lauren and Madelyn have been making pictures for you like crazy. I can only send a couple. You continue to be in our thoughts!
~ Nicole & family