Monday, August 16, 2010

No More Stitches!

I went to see the neurosurgeon today, and he took out my stitches! He was very impressed with how well I have been healing (I'm very talented.), and said my neck looks beautiful. If you say so. I think it looked better before he covered it in betadine and left like a hundred tiny pin-prick holes in it, but alright. Healing is good.

Tomorrow we go into NYC for the second follow-up with the neurotologist and his laryngologist partner, who will tell me how my swallowing is and if it will get better or if I will need additional surgery.

My voice is doing pretty well, and I think it's getting better, or at least lasting longer, each day. If I need surgery, it isn't dire, which would make it more frustrating to go through since I'm not that bothered by the swallowing/voice issues. Although I guess if it didn't improve it would bother me more.

Hopefully a return trip to Vermont is in the near future (two weeks or so? maybe?)! I am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed and laying on my own (new) couch. I also am missing all that Vermont food, like Als and Ben and Jerry's!

Yesterday I went shopping! It was my first (and only so far) non doctor related outing. My aunt and cousin brought me to Kohls and I bought new sneakers, since Dan has misplaced the bag of stuff I wore to the hospital, and I only brought one pair of sneakers.

All these outings are exhausting, but I'm resting resting resting in between.

Thanks for checking in everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I haven't been keeping in touch but I'm thrilled that everything went so well! Hope each new day brings just that much more healing & less problems. Will write a note to you today to be mailed! Much love, Jenni