Thursday, October 7, 2010

Getting Ready

After weeks of back and forth, my surgeon's office still does not have the paperwork it needs from my gp's office. But that will most likely be straightened out today, as I have to go to my gp. I've had a cold for about five days, and actually am mostly over it today.
However, I woke up very SWOLLEN. I'm concerned I may be infected, or something is wrong, and I do not want to drive five hours down to NJ, another hour into the city, and be told, sorry, no surgery for you. So instead we are adding a doctor's appointment to our list of things to do today.
I am really hoping they say I will be able to go through with surgery. I will be very disappointed if I have to wait longer, especially since my surgeon is booked for months in advance. Hopefully, this is God's way of helping me be thankful for the opportunity to have surgery now, instead of being anxious about it. The more challenges in getting something, the more you appreciate it.
I will keep you all updated!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Heather,
We will pray that you get your surgery soon! Hang in there.
Love Scott & Mary