Thursday, October 14, 2010

Surgery's Done!

My surgery lasted about four hours last night, they ran late and had some trouble getting my vocal cord in the right spot. It would sound good, so they'd secure it, and then it would sound like nothing. I got a little worried, but in the end, I sounded like me!!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately, I do still remember the whole thing, but with the nice drugs they gave me, it didn't seem so bad.

So I am not in nearly the pain they thought I would be, and as for now, my voice sounds like my voice. It may get hoarse after the steroids are done, but it will come back to better than it is even now. I am already eating all things soft, and plan on moving to more normal foods in a few days.

I just want to say that I am so grateful for all of the thoughts, prayers, etc that have been sent my way. I look forward to finding out the positives this difficult time has brought into my life!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather -

Everyone at school was thinking of you yesterday. I will be certain to pass along the good news if they have not heard already. What is your plan? Do you intend to stay in NJ again? If so, send us the address so Aidan and the girls can start their work :) We hope to have you back soon.

~ Nicole

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,
We're so pleased everything went well! We continue to think of you and send good wishes your way.
Lisa, Dave, Luke J :-), Anna, and Isaac

HeatherHack said...

Thanks, guys! I will be staying with my parents for the next week, and hopefully be cleared to return to VT next weekend. My address down here is
Heather Hack
c/o The Grossmann's
74 Mt Glen Rd
Ringwood, NJ 07456

I hope to see the whole Bellwether community soon!