Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Surgery Today!

After a wonderful anniversary in NYC yesterday (and a doctor's appointment) I am gearing up for surgery today. My doctor yesterday said while it will take a while, all of the changed I have noticed from the first surgery will disappear over time, with the exception of my ear remaining closer to my head. Which I am fine with.

We are heading out around noon today, we have to be at New York Eye and Ear Infirmary around one forty-five, and surgery is at four. I am really hoping for some medication to help me stay calm and care-free as I listen to them operate on my throat (ew!). And they better put up a barrier, because I certainly can't watch this. (ew again!)

I am looking forward to having a more normal, hopefully more me, voice, complete with the ability to talk loudly enough to teach!

Dan will update you all next, and I am (unfortunately I think) headed back into the land of oxycodone. Thanks everyone for your care and support!

No comments: